• Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Services, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Services. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see (including shoppii or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with your email (and optionally a phone number) and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. Information you provide to one of our Services may be used with other Services you or your friends use. For example, location information we receive in connection with your use of one of our apps may be used to customize the content you and your friends see in another of our apps. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
• Friends: Your friends can see, for example, your location (as described in more detail below), name, email, phone number, photo, hometown, mayorships and badges, a list of your friends, plans you write or comment on, tips you write, and which shoppii Services you use. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in comments, plans or tips or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Services.
• Businesses, Locations, Events and Brands: One of the key purposes of the Services is to help users learn about businesses, locations, events and brands (for example, a TV show, a TV personality, newspaper or a consumer good that manages a page on the Service) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their location or event through offers and specials. When you check-in to a particular location that is a ‘claimed location’ your check-ins are shared with that location in order for it to better provide services to you. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified check-in data (that is, not tied to individual users) of users that like their brand.
• Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
Determining and Sharing Location
Determining your location - The Services deal with location, so in order to work, the Services need to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with our apps on your mobile device or go to one of our Sites, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services experience to your current location (i.e., we’ll show you a list of nearby locations, friends and tips). This information is NOT shared with others. Also, the Services use your mobile device’s ‘background location’ to provide the Services, including to send you notifications of tips/friends/plans/interesting things etc. near you. If you have ‘background location’ turned on, the shoppii app will, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with the application.
Sharing Location with the shoppii app - Your location data is ONLY shared with others when you proactively decide to “Log in” on the shoppii app to tell the Services you’re at a particular place. The location information shared with a “Log in” is the location information of that place.
Sharing Location with shoppii app - By default, neighborhood sharing is turned on and your location data, at a neighborhood level, is shared with your shoppii friends and is updated from time to time using your background location.
The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others. For each of these and our other features, the information available to friends and others, our default user settings, and how to alter the default settings, is available in the Privacy FAQs. Please review them carefully. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines. Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of shoppii and others:
• Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. In other situations, shoppii provides services, or sells items jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
• Business Transfers: If shoppii or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that shoppii goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
• Protection of shoppii and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of shoppii , our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you are located outside of Slovenia, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in Slovenia. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in Slovenia. As a result, Slovenian governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the Slovenia. Your use of the Sites or the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including Slovenia, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Personal Information i can Access
shoppii allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. This list will change as our Service changes.
• Phone number
• Email address
• Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
• Usage information (for example, check-in history)
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.